Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

De Oude Delft - Rayxar 0.75/50mm PROJECT
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: De Oude Delft - Rayxar 0.75/50mm PROJECT Reply with quote

I am interested if anyone has succeed adapting this lens or modifying it to show some of its potential. Don't forget, lens is sharp if properly used: extremely short flange, small image circle. Sadly I cannot put it close enough to Pentax Q's sensor due to electronic contacts. Nikon J1?

I do like to share something i found out:

1. You can use lens without rear lens system, this way enlarging image size to full frame as well increasing flange.
2. You can insert rear system reversed and again lens is usable.

But results to be posted i would have to put more effort then to handheld lens in front of camera.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a lokk at this:

http://www.oldlens.com/delftrayxar50f075.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thomas, looks nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a lot of effort for very poor results. What's the point?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckrider wrote:
have a lokk at this:

http://www.oldlens.com/delftrayxar50f075.html

Looking at the photos more thoroughly and comparing to my results i am confident Mr. Miyazaki secret is either first or second variant:

1. lens without rear lens system, this way enlarging image size to full frame as well increasing flange
2. rear system inserted reversed and again lens is usable

Rear system consist of few glued elements and can be taken out as one part. It can be inserted reversed.

Nevertheless the usage presented is still very defect. Lens unaltered produces better results. Still waiting for proof of that Smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither is. If having read what he has done and looked at the mount, all he has done is
modify the lens mechanics to allow it to mount it to a Leica-M mount as deep as possible
with no focusing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as Klaus says, it's not modified, just mounted as close as possible, which is still not close enough for infinity - the back focus at infinity is only 1mm. The images have been cropped square because the lens doesn't cover the 1.3x crop sensor.

The quality is awful, hence I say what is the point when all you are going to get is very soft, low contrast images of objects only a few metres from the camera and heavy vignetting.

Removing or reversing the rear part is crazy, the result is likely to be something very screwed up indeed, the lens might not even resolve an image.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Neither is. If having read what he has done and looked at the mount, all he has done is
modify the lens mechanics to allow it to mount it to a Leica-M mount as deep as possible
with no focusing.

Leica M8: 27 x 18mm CCD sensor.

Here author says: ...is an original full screen image.

This lens IMHO has modified optics. Normally it should not cover area this large. Indeed i forget the 3rd option it could have been done: adding space between front and rear system.