Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

De Achelse Kluis
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: De Achelse Kluis Reply with quote

De Achelse Kluis is a monastery and brewery on the border between Belgium and the Netherlands. Here are some pictures, taken with Kodak BW400CN film, and scanned with an Epson 4990 scanner.

The monastery seen from outside the walls (the monastery itself is private property, and cannot be visited)

The brewery buildings. You cannot enter, but inside the restaurant you can see the installation from behind a glass wall.

The "proeflokaal" (restaurant), where you can get a taste of the beer. They have a shop as well, where you can buy (among other things) their beer to take home.

And this is the beer Smile

And a last one, on the border line:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad For 'security reasons' I can't see some pics - hosted by ??? - at work. And then I forget to go look when I'm home. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the first one and the beer one best. bw400cn is good stuff ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah now I can see! The first one has great natural detail and depth. What lens were you using?

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Ah now I can see! The first one has great natural detail and depth. What lens were you using?

The wide angle shots were made with a Vivitar 28/2.5. The "beer shot" was made with a SuperTak 200/4.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: De Achelse Kluis Reply with quote

You should be proud of that beer since it is the only "real" beer made in Holland. Very Happy

eeyore_nl wrote:

And this is the beer Smile