Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Triotar 4/13,5cm T M42 - slim, chromed brass
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: CZJ Triotar 4/13,5cm T M42 - slim, chromed brass Reply with quote

Most beautiful 135mm lens I´ve ever seen.... And the best - I got it for 20€ from evilbay including shipping Shocked Produced around 1949-1950. All pictures taken with El-Nikkor 4/50 (my another latest acquisition).

I really like the quality of workmanship.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real beauty indeed! I have a similar brand new looking one, focusing not works just rotate. Is your lens works fine ?

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very nice lens. Looks really unused. Super condition for this age. Mine is from 1953 but not in this condition. Congrats !
Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is a beautiful lens! And it's as old as I am.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Real beauty indeed! I have a similar brand new looking one, focusing not works just rotate. Is your lens works fine ?

Mine is working fine, only little bit stiff focusing. I already cleaned and re-lubed it. Unfortunately at one end it is still not as silky as my other lenses.

Check the three screws on focusing ring, if they are loose, the focusing won't work.
Or you can try look, what's wrong inside. This slim version is very easy to disassemble. First, remove three screws from aperture ring and pull it off. Then three screws on the ring between aperture and focusing ring and remove it the same way. Lastly the focusing ring, same procedure. Now you can check the internal focusing ring and two bigger screws hidden beneath removed focusing ring. These bigger screws are necessary for movement of front lens tube.

Rolf wrote:
Wow, very nice lens. Looks really unused. Super condition for this age. Mine is from 1953 but not in this condition. Congrats !
Wink

It's indeed in very good condition. Only few small scratches on body. But this is probably due to chromed brass is much more resistant to wear than aluminum.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice!

Last edited by kansalliskala on Mon May 17, 2010 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! it is so beautiful! incredible workmanship!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
You sure it is m42?
http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-jena-triotar-135-4-m42-t27625.html

Absolutely, the rear part with M42 thread is made from one piece of brass. It's highly unlikely, that this is a later conversion.
It's earlier "slim" version, manufactured up to 1951. Then they start made the later, "fat" preset version from link. This version is quite common (I have two of them too, T and non-T).