Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Crazy trioplan price
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "N" is for Exakta, with auto diaphragm operated by the "outrigger", that explains the fewer number of iris blades.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The design of the blades in the N version is quite funny i've never seen such design in another lens.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The N version is very different. Much sharper wide open and I didn't notice any crazy bokeh.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here the picture that others like much because of its special bokeh (only visible wide open):

I like them too Smile
I read somewhere that with a medium format camera and its (fixed) lens one has the same bokeh. But never read that another 24x36 format lens could do that - but probably there are some unkonw around?
And this makes the lens a speciality.

Bought mine 2009 or 2010 for ~ USD 20 - not knowing ists speciality.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
The N version is very different. Much sharper wide open and I didn't notice any crazy bokeh.

I did not used mine since I have it, I can't confirm or not

std wrote:
The design of the blades in the N version is quite funny i've never seen such design in another lens.

Domiplan 50/2.8 : exactly the same straight blades