Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

COSINA 50 m f/2 vs Pentax M 50mm f/2 vs Pentax M 50 mm f/1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: COSINA 50 m f/2 vs Pentax M 50mm f/2 vs Pentax M 50 mm f/1.7 Reply with quote

Which difference between:
COSINA 50 m f/2 vs Pentax M 50mm f/2 vs Pentax M 50 mm f/1.7?

Flare?
CA?
Other?
Are sharp wide open?
Or better from 2.8?

I known the Pentax M 50 1/.7 is a little better because it has 6 vs 5 blades but Cosina lens are really bad?

Which are the principal difference about Cosina and Pentax lens?

Some example shoot?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only lens I own from your list is the Pentax M 50mm f/1.7 and it's a great lens. I use it for portrait on the DSLRs, but I cannot compare with the other two.

My experience on Cosina lenses is only from a Cosinon 28mm 2.8 that is not an outstanding lens (imho). But manufacturers not always build everything that they sell (they sometimes buy OEM and sell branded),

That's the case of the PORST 50mm 1.2 that is also known as SEARS and was made by TOMIOKA (a good manufacturer).

So the best approach is "try for yourself".

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Lenses Reply with quote

All lenses improve to some extent when stopped down ... and the number of iris blades doesn't have a connection with how good the lens is optically. I do not think you will see much difference between Pentax 50mm f1.7 and f2, I've had both in the past and have an f2 A series one at present which is very good indeed. The M series ones seem more solidly made than A series ones though. The lenses you ask about are all still cheap to buy so I would go for Pentax brand this time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in this forum about many 50 mm lens from different and don't well known productor are good.

So my question is why is so difficult search example shoot?

Are they new product rebranded?

Which are the major difference regarding the well known productor name in term of quality?