Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

contax/nikon rf 50mm lenses on m4/3 cameras???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: contax/nikon rf 50mm lenses on m4/3 cameras??? Reply with quote

hi

i just received a very nice zeiss sonar 135mm in contax rf mount which i easily adapted to m4/3 with very nice results for not a lot of money. however, the contax/nikon rf 50mm lenses are i think unique in the line in that they have no independent focusing mechanism, unlike my new 135mm.

question is if there are any adapters out there, or any other way, to focus these 50mm lenses on m4/3 cameras?

thanks
tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many nikon/contax rf to Leica M mount adapter available,
you may have to use M to m4/3 adapter stacking too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks koji--i assume that those adapters have their own focuing mechanism, unlike the contax rf>m4/3 adapters?

edit: wow! just took a look on ebay, only found contax rf>m39 mount with focus ring, but cheapest one is $240!!! since this is onky necessary for 1 lens, the 50mm, it hardly seems worth it--you could buy a tevidon 50mm for anither $50!!!

im hoping there is another more reasonable alternative...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a perfect one for you.

here > http://www.adrianololli.com/articolo.asp?ID=3237

It is good that with this you do not need two adapters, but
its price is 235 euro!!!! (more expensive)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji thank you so much. the truth is the adapter i have, which allows me to use any contax/nikon rf lens except 50mm on m4/3 cost $25usd! unfortunately i cannot justify spending $250usd on an adapter so i can use 1 lens that itself costs less than $250! it just doesnt make sense to me. i will either hold out for a different alternative to use contax/nikon rf 50mm or i will just buy a different type of 50/1.4 rf lens for my m4/3, like an opton m39 mount, or something else...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These adaptor is hard to make so they will never be cheap. You may check the price of the Contax RF to NEX in MFL section.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i am sure thats true, that it is hard to make, but unless you already have and love a 50mm contax/nikon rf lens, it still makes little sense to me to spend over $500usd simply to use a single lens. again, i spent $25 for an adapter that lets me use any contax/nikon rf lens except the 50--that will have to be good enough for me!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
well i am sure thats true, that it is hard to make, but unless you already have and love a 50mm contax/nikon rf lens, it still makes little sense to me to spend over $500usd simply to use a single lens. again, i spent $25 for an adapter that lets me use any contax/nikon rf lens except the 50--that will have to be good enough for me!

Yes. It is for the 50mm rf lens lovers.