Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax 137 MD Quartz Carl Zeiss Planar just scored this...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Contax 137 MD Quartz Carl Zeiss Planar just scored this... Reply with quote

Just scored this on the evil bay:

Contax 137 MD Quartz with a Carl Zeiss Planar f1.7 50mm Lens

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=130690721894&nma=true&rt=nc&si=37PUgKLYLVn0foRUdNde6%252BFnuAI%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Prob. shouldn't have spent the money...but it seemed like I got it for a good price when I checked the bay for prices on the body and the lens on there own.

Just wanted to know if anybody here had any experience with one of these and what thier thoughts were?
Cheers. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! I have the 137MA and love it. If you have M42 glass, get the M42>C/Y adapter.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the 139 Quartz for a month, now, and can't imagine putting it away. It is a finely tuned instrument. And there is a quality, when looking through the viewfinder, with the Zeiss Planar, that is something different than with any camera that I've shot. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do. It's worth the $.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, I can't wait for it to arrive so I can give it a good test. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a beauty. Looking forward to seeing the results.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are great cameras josh, pieces of history that you will enjoy. and the lenses aint bad either!
tony

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on a great purchase. That was a good price indeed.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent deal for you! That's the regular price you have to pay for the lens alone!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did fix your post, Ebay item will gone soon and say nothing to people 1 year later.

I did copy and paste genuine title of item to post and to title too. Title is most important due people will find your post based on item title, just scored this ... (genuine title) meaning less for people who are seeking this camera or lens in search engines or here on forum too.

Congrats to your new gem!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, I really am looking forward to this beauty arriving. I did a quick search, after I threw down the money I must admit, and it does seem I got it for a less than the lens alone typically goes for. So I am very happy with the pick-up. Fingers crossed everything is all as it should be when it arrives here. I will probably take it to my mate Max for a service anyway just to be sure she is performing tip-top. I will make sure to keep you all posted on her arrival and subsequent test roll. Very Happy

...and cheers for fixing my title Attila, I did not really think that much about it, I must admit.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girl just sent me this: (to my phone, Iam at work)

So it has arrived, alright!
Gonna have to grab some batteries on the way home to test her out. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic I know, Josh, but I've been putting in half an hour reading your blog before going to work and it is excellent - well done and keep it going! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats ! I didn't had this camera, but i own the lens, and it's a very good one Cool

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Off topic I know, Josh, but I've been putting in half an hour reading your blog before going to work and it is excellent - well done and keep it going! Very Happy

Cheers mate. I must admit I've been a little slack the last couple of weeks and a bit slow with my posts, but I hope to pick that up over the coming weeks. Thanks for the encouragement it really does mean a lot. Very Happy

I had to work back 2 hours today as there was imperfections in the manufacturing of the stone I was machining, I had to correct for these imperfections in the product. So I did not get to have a real good play with the Contax and Planar this arvo. However I did take the batteries out of my Pentax KX and put them in the Contax to fire it up and test it, everything seems to be working perfectly. When I took off the lens and helditup to the light I was shocked... it's perfect! Like new, not a speck of dust or anything! I am very happy.
I also found in the packaging it was sent with, the original flash and manuals! Very Happy

I took a quick snap to share with you guys.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Great bargain Reply with quote

That is certainly a great deal for camera and lens and better again with flash and manuals

I had the 50/1.7 lens for a short while and used it on Canon DSLR and was extremely happy with its performance.
I stupidly sold the lens when I found the 50/1.4 at a great price. Also picked up a 139 Quartz and TLA20 flash for $66 recently! Looking forward to using them. I reckon the Contax lenses are some of the best out there for performance / price.

If you have had a chance to take some pics I would be interested in seeing t
Hem!

Cheers

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the chance to be lent one for a few weeks.
I remember the 50 1.7 because when I took the prints out of the darkroom, I feared to touch them, they were so sharp Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be arrested because that was a steal. Even though Contax is unappreciated in the US, I've seen the lens itself sell for twice that. In another discussion on Contax someone said you just have to hold one to know what the fuss is about. I couldn't agree more. I took my 139 with a 35-70 zoom on a family trip to Alaska because it is relatively light and compact. There is something to be said for a thumb advance when people around you are firing off 4+ fps. I can't help but feel much more connected with what I am photographing. I hope you are enjoying your find!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can fully agree with the feeling of quality with Contax SLR bodies. I have the AX model, and I've never handled a camera with the 'feel' and mechanical build of the AX. And I've handled alot of cameras with this aging body of mine! Laughing