Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contaflex Super B anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Contaflex Super B anyone? Reply with quote

Last year I started a little project to turn a Kodak Brownie into a Hasselblad which quickly came to halt with my acquisition of this Contaflex. The mirror was stuck and I never got around to fixing it and so my project was forgotten as the intention was to use each camera or lens before I sold it on.
Well now I'm going to pick it up again where I left it. The Brownie became a Primotar and that became an H1 Pentax which in turn became this Contaflex.
I've fixed the mirror and the camera works so I'm going to put it on ebay.
But before I do I thought I'd offer it to members here. (and the other place)
Condition is excellent for such an old camera with only very minor cosmetic marks. It's in working order - even the meter!
However it has some fungus on one of the inner elements of the excellent 50/2.8 Zeiss lens which ought to be cleaned up. This camera is not an easy one to work on and I didn't want to go there. The mirror was easy - I can guide you through taking the top off and have photos if you want them - but the lens assembly is a little trickier.
£25 plus shipping if anyone's interested.

It is a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super B with an interchangeable 50mm f2.8 Zeiss Lens. It was made in the early 1960's and is in fact a very useable camera. It has a built in meter and 'automatic' exposure setting (the world's first it seems) but doesn't have an auto return mirror so after you press the shutter everything goes black!

This is a shot from the summer when I put half a roll through it..

And the Camera