Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Coming in to land
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Coming in to land Reply with quote

I was at the local castle again today to see the falconry display, this time with my Chinon 200/3.5.
Sometimes during these shows a tourist will be given the opportunity to have one of the birds land on their (gloved) hand.
A young girl of around 10yrs old was the lucky one today and judging by her reaction it was the best bit of her holiday so far.
I managed to capture the Bengal Eagle Owl coming in to land on her hand.
(that's a piece of chicken Mcnugget on top of the glove)

The Chinon works pretty well but is prone to too much CA for my liking, I'll keep looking for a better 200mm. The photos above were shot at f5.6 and ISO 400.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful birds as always but I would have loved to see the expression of the girl.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Beautiful birds as always but I would have loved to see the expression of the girl.

Yeah me too, when she turned back to her parents she was close to tears with joy.
Very Happy