Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon Pocket Dual-AF-P
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Chinon Pocket Dual-AF-P Reply with quote

I picked up this cam - I'd slot it as a 'fun cam', as it isn't quite a toy, yet it isn't quite an excellent optic either.

As you may see, the lens is a dual focal - the entire front moves out for the 52mm length. The camera appears to have been introduced at the '92 PMA - a contemporary of the Oly Infinity Zoom 220 Panorama.

There are some nice touches - an infinity focus lock button, self timer - and some less so - no flash mode or turn off, the camera turns itself off after a few minutes, limiting how quick it is to use when walking about.

The main attraction for me is the Panorama mode, which makes everything cinematic Wink The 28 lens isn't as good - I think - as the Vivitar PN2011's is... but then the Viv is a fixed focus / fixed exposure kind of camera. The Chinon has a pop-up TTL light measuring diode, or at least that's what it looks like when the back is open.

I've shot some at 52mm and without panorama - these are not nearly as fun, and I'm seeing 52mm as a bit worse than 28. However, I just finished another film, so we'll see..

All with Kroger ASA400 film.

I have a Pentax ZX-10 which has a bad switch... so it can be a good P&S. It has a panorama mode Laughing so I'm thinking: hook up the Viv 21 or a 28, and go pointing and shooting. That would be a blast.

Oh alright, here's a non panorama mode pic:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the pictures you get with that little cam. Certainly did justice
to cheap Krogers film.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these samples in panorama mode really do look very cinematic, specially the first two, and I really like the colors too