Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon CM3 BIN on ebay sells world wide
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Chinon CM3 BIN on ebay sells world wide Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay
I read somewhere on this forum how some of you guys like this camera ,but forgot where the thread was.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the CE-3 Memotron (or the previous Memotron models) which gets our hearts racing, but the CM-3, with manual exposure setting, is still a nice enough camera to use; I actually think it is nicer to use compared to similar cameras by Cosina (CSM, CSR and derivatives) as the Cosina needs you to press a separate button to open up the iris again, but the CM-3 only requires you to let go of the first pressure on the shutter release button.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.....Looks nice with a Helios lens.Thanks for pointing that out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it is, I feel the price is unrealistically high though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For what it is, I feel the price is unrealistically high though.

That is the hardest thing to judge when buying as a new MF/Film camera enthusiast...... when it is to much and you are better off waiting for another to come along as they always do!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:

That is the hardest thing to judge when buying as a new MF/Film camera enthusiast...... when it is to much and you are better off waiting for another to come along as they always do!!

Keep an eye on auction sites, do the rounds at the dealers and collectors fairs, pretty soon you would get the "feel", and you still need to be up-to-date with the market climate too. I have been in this game for 27 years and I still have occasional setbacks, trust me!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CE-3 is my favourite camera to use.

Great viewfinder and ergonomics. I have big hands so I keep the power winder grip attached

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would a fair price be?? I put a bid in but was rejected.... oh well gave it a shot...still 5days to go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
What would a fair price be?? I put a bid in but was rejected.... oh well gave it a shot...still 5days to go.

Body only, in that kind of cosmetic condition, A$60 would be costly to my mind. But then, McKeown's Law always apply!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually bid not far off that price.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
Mo-Fo wrote:

Body only, in that kind of cosmetic condition, A$60 would be costly to my mind. But then, McKeown's Law always apply!

See them in boot sales for £20-£30 (well last one I saw didn't have Helios lens but you can pick them up cheap) so $60 is top offer bid.