Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon 55mm f1.4?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Chinon 55mm f1.4? Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm having a clearout of a lot of old stuff I have in my garage to fund new acquisitions. I have just come across a Chinon 55mm f1.4 in m42 thread. The focus is like silk and the optics are spotless however, the aperture is stuck fully open in both A and M settings. Has anybody any experience of taking these apart and how difficult is it to reset the aperture? Also serial no. is 12 did Chinon make lenses or is it third Party?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinon 55mm f1.4? Reply with quote

Mr G wrote:
Hi guys, I'm having a clearout of a lot of old stuff I have in my garage to fund new acquisitions. I have just come across a Chinon 55mm f1.4 in m42 thread. The focus is like silk and the optics are spotless however, the aperture is stuck fully open in both A and M settings. Has anybody any experience of taking these apart and how difficult is it to reset the aperture? Also serial no. is 12 did Chinon make lenses or is it third Party?

Indeed these CHINONS have the smoothest focusing ever. But cleaning the aperture is a nasty job and takes quite some skill. Use it wide open or unscrew rear element and put artificial F2.0 aperture (paper matted ring) in front rear system (from inner side).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinon 55mm f1.4? Reply with quote

Mr G wrote:

Normally it is a common Tomioka lens ( as Rikenon) . There are also Porst, Sears, Revuenon or Cosinon versions. It is not clear nevertheless if those ones are Tomioka or copies ( Cosinon? ) .
Using this information you might find something on internet to repair your lens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinon 55mm f1.4? Reply with quote

Mr G wrote:

hi, i had the same problem with this lens. i fixed it by removing the rear element block and then cleaning the aperture. after removing you must set the aperture to M and close it. then take a usual cotton tab and tip it in cleaning liquid. i did some circular movements counter clockwise on the aperture (very careful) and after a minute the aperture closed. you can do a complete cleaning then.
regards