Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Planar T* 85mm f/1.4 AEG - Sold!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't understand very well what you said...

I posted these two pictures to show you the 85/1.4 blades as I don't care about the ninja star bokeh. I only wanted to show you the blades to get the confirmation if this one is the lens you want or not.

I got another 85/1.4 that had the blades different. When stopped down they "overlap" eachother. I tought these ones were the ones that produce the ninja star bokeh.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked right now with faster apertures and they do the ninja star format.

I thought you would see the results only stopped down, that's why I shoot the lens like that. Not to try to cheat or anything like that.

Best luck finding the MM version Smile

Regards,
Ivo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I thought I was pretty clear about it (twice), but alright.

Hope you will find a buyer Smile.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Lazzaros..

I change the text of the original message because daas doesn't want to buy your lens anymore.

The CONFIDENCE and TRUST both MAKE this forum strong and attractive place to be a part of.

tf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi excuse for the off thread but i have a 1.4 50mm Planar and only f2 and F2.8 stops have that special "ninja" effect , it's even more visible @ f2.
the rest of apertures is normal. Happy with Zeiss still Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox I think you are misunderstanding the situation...

daas asked me for pictures to confirm if the lens has ninja star blades.

As english isn't my mother language I didn't understand that he wants to see the lens at f/2 and f/2.8. He said that f/2 and f/2.8 are important to him but I thought he was just refering that these are the two apertures he used more.

As I'm not really into the ninja star problem I thought the way to confirm that situation is with the lens stopped down, that's why I posted the pictures like that. If I knew that the ninja star situation would be visible at f/2 or f/2.8 I would do the pictures with that apertures right away.

I never said I don't want to show the lens at f/2 or f/2.8 or something like that. I explain right away that I went to check and I realized that this is not the lens daas was looking. I was not rude or something and to be honest I didn't like the way you wrote your post assuming I don't want to show the lens or I'm trying to be dishonest when I already sold dozens of equipments here.

Since daas already confirmed that he doesn't want the lens and this has the ninja star blades I don't see the need to post more pictures as an obligation. If someone request them I'll show the blades at all stops if needed but for now I won't take more pictures just because I don't want to.

If you want to lock my thread do it, but I think you would be really unfair in your analysis.

Regards,
Ivo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open to offers!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold!