Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 20mm f/2.8 MC M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flektogon 20mm quality can be vary in my experience some of them top notch lens some of them significantly less. A MINT copy always makes a question why ? Why not used ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's from a local store, which sells M42 lenses only in very good (mint / mint-) condition.

Flektogon MC/eMC 20/2.8 €200/210
Flektogon MC/eMC 35/2.4 €70/80
Pancolars 50/1.8 about €85 (depends on version - MC/eMC, condition, camera included...)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27,

You can find EF-mounted CZJ Prakticar 20/2.8 on eBay occasionally, I guess
these modified lenses are converted by ELEFOTO in Japan. You can directly
send an E-mail to them, they can understand english.

This company used to sell Praktica and Prakticars, their sole seller in Japan.
But they could not sell the entire stock of lenses, then converted Flek 20/2.8 to
EF-mount, I saw 10 of them at famous Camera-Show in Tokyo.

I like this lens, have two Prakticars 20/2.8 and one Flektogon 20/2.8.
This photo is made with Leica M8 (yes M8 ) using M42->C/Y and M42->M39
adapters, of course using guess focus.

a few more in here http://www.pbase.com/kkawakami/czj_flektogon_20mmf28
Photos are mostly made with EOS 350D, some are shot with EOS 5D.

ONE MORE THING: When you use M42 Flektogon 20/2.8, your 5D's mirror hits
the rear of the lens unless you shave the mirror. ELEFOTO's modified Prakticar 20/2.8
has also modified rear element holder so that it can clear the mirror of EOS 5D.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingo

Very convincing especially #2. Did you see someone is offering SD14's with altered mounts on fleabay?

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be the flek 2,8/20 be better than the Prakticar 2,8/20, although they must be the same.

I had 3 flekt 4/20 and the best is the pre-zebra (leatherette ones) thaT IS THE OLDEST. (n° 6.xxx.xxx)

Regards, Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have no stable quality I found dog lens in Nikkor 50mm f1.4 too. I never seen bad Flektogon , but some of them provide higher quality than others. A good well used copy mostly better than mint ones.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. My better flekt 4/20 is a multi scraches at the border, isn't an aesthetic beauty, but at F/11 and 16 is lovely.

Rino.