Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena 300mm F4: a dissassembly pictorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena 300mm F4: a dissassembly pictorial Reply with quote

Here it is:
www.flickr.com/photos/cgrozea/sets/72157629563004337/
(feel free to edit my post, when I add a link here it looks ok in preview and bad after posting).

I have bought an otherwise nice CZJ 300mm/4 in P6 mount, but the aperture blades were stuck open.
I had read contradictory information before doing it myself; the most scary of it being to have to open the lens from the front.
I have succeeded to open it from the back and unstuck and clean to some extent the blades.

I hope it helps others.

Last edited by chrisg on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena 300mm F4: a dissassembly pictorial Reply with quote

chrisg wrote:
Here it is:
www.flickr.com/photos/cgrozea/sets/72157629563004337/
(feel free to edit my post, when I add a link here it looks ok in preview and bad after posting).

I have bought an otherwise nice CZJ 300mm/4 in P6 mount, but the aperture blades were stuck open.
I had read contradictory information before doing it myself; the most scary of it being to have to open the lens from the front.
I have succeeded to open it from the back and unstuck and clean to some extent the blades.

I hope it helps others.

Hi Chris, links and photo links areinactive in first posts as a spam prevention measure, they should work now.