Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl zeiss 80mm 2.8 Hasselblad - Problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Carl zeiss 80mm 2.8 Hasselblad - Problem Reply with quote

This is my firs post, and sadly it is my big problem. I just bought Carl Zeiss 80mm f2.8, chrome version - the one with synchro-compur. My intension was to buy adapter and mount it to my canon 60d. So i open the box and try to play with new toy. First I couldn't do anything with it, it was fully open curtain and the blades. I was moving aperture ring but diaphragm stay fully open. And then I find small (I don't know what see picture - green arrow) and press, then it was sound zzzzzzzz. After than curtain was closed, and when I was able to move aperture ring, iris diaphragm was moving normally. So I was thinking that I was going to right direction. I was continuing to play, trying now to open curtain. Unfortunately after 15 min aperture ring stuck, first I couldn't open more than 5.6, then more, at the end it is fully closed as you can see in the picture. So what to do? Is it broken, just stuck or what? I could open it, if it is necessary, i fixed tessars and pancolars. Anyone any idea?

Last edited by Srdjan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have experience with this type of lenses, but common sense tells me it has a built-in shutter that must be cocked before firing. I can see a slotted screw on the back on the lens; probably, this screw was driven by the camera motor to cock the shutter after every shot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds correct to me, shutter must be cocked. I suppose way round this is to open the lens and remove the shutter blades.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a little coin, or a screwdrive, and turn that sort of screw near your green arrow. Shutter blades will open, but iris will be locked at full aperture.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, sounds better to sell it and get a similar lens without a shutter, a CZJ Biometar perhaps.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmm, sounds better to sell it and get a similar lens without a shutter, a CZJ Biometar perhaps.

This seems a good idea to me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for help but,
first I try ti rotate screw iangreenhalgh1, it was realy need forse screw almous rotate but go beck in starting position like in photo. If I use to much force I think il will brake down. In manual for 500c it is writen that when not point the red point it is re-cocked. I understood that maybe this is position to mount it on 500c body but why the aparature ring is stuck. The best solution is to sell it but firs I have to fix it. Anyone manual for repair?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the black button that you have pointed out it looks to me like it has a collar surrounding it which doesn't appear in the best of health, it looks either to be broken in two or if meant to be in two halves then appears to be misaligned.

Edit, Can the previous owner not help ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end after consulting owner, couple of groups, forums and read user manual for 500c I figure it out who this lens work. Everything that I mentioned is ok, and normal with this lens.