Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cardinar 100mm f4 Carl Zeiss Jena Werramatic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Cardinar 100mm f4 Carl Zeiss Jena Werramatic Reply with quote

I saw a few times this lens locally I did always pass it , due not easy to try it out on digital bodies. Now I have two mirror less camera so I think time to try it out. I bought one today. Any experience , thoughts ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a very common lens in UK - the interchangeable lens Werra was never hugely popular here. Most of the ones that were sold went as three-lens outfits, 35, 50 and 100mm but they don't often turn up now, even on Ebay. It will be interesting to see what it's like if you can get it on one of your mirrorless cameras, because I've never, ever, seen the results from one. Good luck with it !

Well, after all these years I have finally seen some pictures from it - Very Happy It looks very good indeed - now you need the 35mm companion lens !

Last edited by scsambrook on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so any photos?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carl-Zeiss-Cardinar-100mm-f4-0-Werramatic-Camera-/180710746380?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item2a1333290c

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need custom mount to adopt it, still didn't have time to mount , even with simplier solution.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt too much
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-CARL-ZEISS-JENA-CARDINAR-100mm-f4-WERRA-/310335684152

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex.g wrote:
isnt too much
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-CARL-ZEISS-JENA-CARDINAR-100mm-f4-WERRA-/310335684152

I was the unsuccessful bidder on that Cardinar, as we don't know if it will work on a NEX I didn't want to go above 25ukp.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the aperture ring in the camera?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the aperture ring is on the body and couples with the lens

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aperture ring on body , but camera set it on same way than SLR bodies, so you can adjust it with a pen or a small screwdriver. Today I made a temporary mount on NEX it looks register distance is longer than M42 this means it is adoptable to most SLR cameras. I will take it out tomorrow.

Last edited by Attila on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to seeing samples!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see pictures on link bellow.

Half of the images came out perfectly , not even required any post processing other part of images a very little contrast less , seems a very good lens what I did expect from a Jena lens.
Temporary setup was a NEX->M42 adapter + smallest extension ring from a Russian M42 adapter and I could shoot at infinity . Based on this I think this lens adaptable to all popular 35mm SLR systems include NIKON.

http://forum.mflenses.com/cardinar-100mm-f4-carl-zeiss-jena-sony-nex-3-t42874.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results are good indeed!
How do you set the aperture of the lens?
I have never had the idea that the lens might be adaptable for (D)SLR Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to set from mount side by a pen or with finger nail, before mount.Once mounted you can't set it without special adapter.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks, that is what I thought.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so for each aperture need different set?
Oh btw great result!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
so for each aperture need different set?
Oh btw great result!

If you want to set aperture need unmount lens , set aperture and mount lens, except if you have adapter with aperture ring , perhaps easy to canibalize it from a dead camera , perhaps not.