Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon T70 with problems...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Canon T70 with problems... Reply with quote

My beloved T70 ,which I got in mint condition sat mostly on shelf. Did maybe two or three rolls at most and worked flawlessly ,that's two years ago. Had a Kodak piece of film box to remember what film was inside.
One week ago I took it to soot some autumn leaves. Worked good some ten frames maybe , until I realised that it shows 39 frames and thought it was at the end of film. So , I decided to extract the film (was puzzled why it does show more frames than normally ) ....pressed on the bottom pin to release the film and actioned the button on the bottom for rewind .....buzzed some time ( I think as Norma) then stopped. Opened the door and, surprise ! NO FILM !
Put a film in it and inserted the end of film (idiot, I know) under the metal plate in the left which has two arrows .Closed the door ,hesitantly buzzed one second and stopped.Didn't charged the film.I assumed I had no batteries and left it.
After a week hoped it , changed the batteries( shows three lines) extracted the film , put another one correctly ( the end aligned to the orange sign) but no charging.
Shows there is a roll , and three lines.Is it dead ? Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit discouraging . . . but does the shutter still fire? If so, there is still some life there Very Happy If so, is the rewind button still in the depressed position on the base plate ? If it is, try moving the drive sprocket with your finger. If that fails, then maybe the camera has indeed become dead Sad

Mine still works but it winds the film on very, very slowly. Even with new batteries.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H'mm a puzzle and a long shot is to put the film leader just past the orange marker, but on the plus side you can buy a T70 very cheaply to replace it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a roll of waste film and try loading with the film door open, you will need to fool the switch on the door somehow probably. I always keep some old films around to test cameras with.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked with some powerful light into the battery compartment and saw there was some leaking on the contacts. I supposed it was from the batteries , tried to clean with deoxyt , but didn't worked. In fact I think the leaking was from inside ,so ...RIP Sad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use vinegar on a cotton bud to clean battery contacts, then another bud damp with water to neutralize the vinegar. That cleans the corrosion.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact , that leaking was almost completely gone , but the fact that it doesn't Works , means that the leaking is from some broken electronics inside ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
In fact , that leaking was almost completely gone , but the fact that it doesn't Works , means that the leaking is from some broken electronics inside ?

Well you can take it apart as it would be interesting to know which component is leaking...might be the internal battery Question