Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon Sure Shot Classic 120 pix
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila and CT, thanks, I like the conversion better, too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd bump this thread with a bit of news. The batteries for my Classic 120 arrived yesterday. Loaded them up in the camera, turned it on, and *bink* out pops that sideways flash, first thing. Huh. I'm glad I remembered the warning mentioned by one of our members here about the flash's behavior. Any way to get that flash to stay put, I wonder. Maybe if I'm outside during daytime?

It took me a while, but I finally discovered the well hidden spring-loaded door on the back that covers up several button-operated controls. Cool. I need to find a manual, cuz I got questions. Like why have a spot selection on the back wheel, and also a spot button behind the door. To override the metering pattern in other "modes" I suppose? Like having the action mode activated, but forcing its metering pattern to spot, I'm guessing.

I've just loaded mine up with its first roll of film. I'm itching to go out and burn through it; try some of the settings, like the spot meter. Wow, a P&S camera with a spot meter. This is the only camera I own that has a built-in spot meter. Cool