Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon PIXMA MG5320 = Good!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Canon PIXMA MG5320 = Good! Reply with quote

It's not high in the PIXMA product line, but holy cow, is it a winner! Very Happy

My older HP PhotoSmart D5160 decided to completely crap out, after relatively
little overall use. I initially purchased it because it prints directly to inkjet-printable
CD and DVD discs, after not liking what I had been reading about Epson's monopoly
on the direct-to-disc printer market. So when I saw the HP, I figured I could trust
their print engine and technology, as I have serviced and maintained HP laser
and ink printers in the past. I have come to realize that HP's consumer-level
printers are essentially garbage, instead of the quality machines that many
corporations and businesses use.

So, supremely frustrated and upset, I went window-shopping. Confused
Much to my surprise, after not paying much attention to what's what in the printer market,
I find that Lexmark, HP, Canon, Xerox, Brother, Epson, and a few others are all producing
printers which print directly to disc. It seems that the Epson monopoly has been crushed,
with lots of other offerings available! Yay!

What I ended up with is a Canon PIXMA MG5320, for US $105 shipped from NewEgg.
The PIXMA series has been generally very well-received by critics and consumers,
so at such a price, I jumped on it, and I'm very happy.

It prints directly to discs, does a much more than adequate job of printing small photos
to plain paper, it is MUCH quieter than my HPs, scans effortlessly to both PhotoShop
and a stupidly old version of Paint Shop Pro, has a smaller overall footprint than the
D5160, and does not use a power 'brick' transformer so common nowadays.
The only drawback so far is the glossy black finish, but a spritz of Windex with
a soft cloth removes fingerprints & smudges with ease.

I have not yet printed to dedicated photo paper, but if plain-paper tests are any indication,
this printer will do the job admirably.

If it holds up better under light useage than the HP offerings, then it will be the
hands-down winner for me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine you'll be very happy with your printer. I have the Pixma ip4700 and when I use good quality Canon paper the prints are equal to any pro print labs out there. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the PIXMA iX6550, and even tho I haven't put it thru the whole regiment of tests yet, it also seems like a winner. It also prints A3+, which is why I got it.

The glossy black is a problem tho Smile