Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FL 85/1.8 at the local Rodeo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Canon FL 85/1.8 at the local Rodeo Reply with quote

I took this lens to the local rodeo,as it was my first time there I did not know which focal length to take. As this lens is my current "new" lens, it was chosen.I now realize a 135 may have been better or my trusty Tamron 80-210. I had my monopod to help steady the lens on the Fuji XE-1.
There were other factors which I had not considered,like the amount of dust kicked up from the arena. The failing light mixed with the dust and then the use of artificial lights,it made for extra challenges. Plus I had difficulty in guessing the focus point...where the action was going to take place. On the whole it was a fun evening, the events later on of the bucking horses and Bulls were certainly interesting and entertaining. The horses and bulls came out on top I think,some of the riders were very lucky to escape injury.

The first three are womens barrel racing

Mens Calf roping