Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 8/500mm mirror conv.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Canon FD 8/500mm mirror conv. Reply with quote

Hi,

I got this lens back from Stan (trifox) and his colleague Robert. He converted this lens from FD to EF. Excellent work too. Many thanks again.

Today I tried it out during my morning walk for some bird shots. Here few samples. Shot with 1DsMkIII at ISO 800.

Thanks for viewing and comments.

Wink

Edit: Seems there is a problem with forum software. Images in portrait mode are larger than in landscape mode. Maybe Attila have a look.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Rolf.
The pictures have good sharpness and contrast. Typical "donuts" bokeh which someone doesn't like,but doesn't bother me however: I find it distinctive, even pleasant most of the time. I do not have this lens but the Tamron 55BB instead, which I'm happy. I find the fixed aperture sometimes limiting since I shoot film, to be on the safe side the film has to be 400 ASA. It's a little tricky to focus when the light is a bit low. The pros are that weighs less, is more compact and balances better for hand held use that a conventional refractor lens. If the space in the bag is a premium is definitely a good choice. If one has the good habit of carrying routinely (I do not Smile)a tripod is a cheaper and convenient alternative to conventional lenses.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rolf -- thanks!

We are happy with you!

Nice contrast and colours from this lens!

I wish you all the best and I hope that infinity works well..

Thanks..

S.