Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 50mm f1.8 SC-Canon A1-Delta 100 'Kite surfers'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 50mm f1.8 SC-Canon A1-Delta 100 'Kite surfers' Reply with quote

Taken during a mid-fall trip to the sea, they just happened to be there so I got the chance to photograph something new to me.

All the shots grabbed with Canon A-1 50mm f1.8 SC Yellow filter.
Ilford Delta 100@64 Perceptol 1+3 18'00" 20°C/68°F.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting effect with the filter ... Did you tilt the camera for the angles?.I have seen these in Australia you did well in capturing them as they travel very fast.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, the camera was indeed tilted. I was looking for less conventional perspectives, a kinda geometrical approach. I opted for the use of the yellow filter to deepen the cloudy sky creating a slight dramatic effect. They travel pretty fast indeed, I just tried to figure out where they would have been in few seconds, pointed the camera in that direction and waited for them to travel across the frame (hoping they didn't make a sharp bend...).

Cheers, Marty.