Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 35/2 white nose sample
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Canon FD 35/2 white nose sample Reply with quote

I just got this lens. And I love it, so easy to use. No edit at all. Just shot with minimal size setting in canon 1000D
@f8

@f4 or wider...forget Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, is this with a glass adapter or has the lens been modified?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

Modified to eos. I can also confirm that this lens is one of few lenses that easy to focus, along with CZJ Sonnar 135/3,5 and CZJ Pancolar 50/1,8
But its weight is more than the sonnar Very Happy, most heaviest 35mm I ever try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

night shot at Malioboro Street the most famous street in town. one of landmarks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!!!!

I am big FD lenses FAN ! Please, more pictures, if possible!

Thanks for sharing!!

Tf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
wow!!!!

I am big FD lenses FAN ! Please, more pictures, if possible!

Thanks for sharing!!

Tf

Thanks Dude.. This is the first FD lens I own, since you are FD lenses fan, I want to ask you, are these FD always good as mine? I always looking for the sharp one.
Here's another shots yesterday, no edit at all

for macro, this lens is fantastic too, I can see details that I cann't see with naked eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you got a good one. I shot Canon MF for years, and have always liked Canon glass -- espcially the fast glass. Never owned a 35/2 though. I had an FL 35/2.5 that was one of my favorites, in fact.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

death wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

Modified to eos. I can also confirm that this lens is one of few lenses that easy to focus, along with CZJ Sonnar 135/3,5 and CZJ Pancolar 50/1,8
But its weight is more than the sonnar Very Happy, most heaviest 35mm I ever try

Nice images, 35/f2 FD seems to be great performer.
Can you tell us a few words about modifying ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael.. If that so.. I think I'm gonna like FD lenses too. looking for fast lens too, to bad i saw 55/1,2 FL about the same price, but when I checked it was sold ..Very Happy
Maks.. I'm not the who modfied it. I think its my firend in local forum here, its cos abround $25-$30'
but I can tell you that its silver m42-eos adapter which attached in and then made some holes to screwed it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find!

Can we see some shots of the lens and the modified mount. Thks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! A modified FD 2/35! Congratulations!
Seems to be a great lens.

I also would be interested in seeing the new mount.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

death wrote:
Michael.. If that so.. I think I'm gonna like FD lenses too. looking for fast lens too, to bad i saw 55/1,2 FL about the same price, but when I checked it was sold ..Very Happy

You haven't missed much. I have an FL 55/1.2. It has its uses for low light stuff, as long as you accept the fact that it's gonna be pretty soft wide open. Mine has to be stopped down to about f/5.6 before sharpness is acceptable. I expect that the New FD 50/1.2 is better and that the 55mm f/1.2 SSC Aspherical is probably excellent, if it's anything like my 85mm f/1.2 SSC Aspherical.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, here's the lens;

mount

front

One question, there's also canon FD 20/2,8 SSC not in MINT condition about 80-90%, the result seems OK. modified to EOS, its priced $150.. is it worth?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's mechanically okay and the glass is good, I'd say that is an excellent price.