Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 35/2.8 TS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 35/2.8 TS Reply with quote

Just bought one...
been curious to try TS and could not resist.
Will get it when I get home in about a week.

Anyone have experience with this lens?
I'm planning to convert it to EOS.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempted to get one for conversion for some time, now.

Will keep this thread under observation.

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Tempted to get one for conversion for some time, now.

Will keep this thread under observation.

Klaus

+1 ...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also very tempted but I cant afford the sky high prices T/S lenses demand so I am looking at making my own taking advantage of the large registration distance offered by medium format lenses.
Years ago I made an M645-SA adapter, which has given me good service in the past but these days I'm down to one M645 lens (the 80mm f2.8 N) so it does'nt get much use anymore.
Now I'm planning to add tilt and perhaps rotation to it...Adding shift will be a lot more tricky so I may not bother going that far...I mean, how often is shift used or, how important is it, compared to tilt anyway?
If I understand correctly shift is used primarily for elminating perspective distortion in shots of buildings...Thats not an important consideration to me when I can easily correct such distortion with Photoshop.
Tilt on the other hand is for giving extreme selective focus and thats something that Photoshop cant do, or at least not very easily, and thats what I really want.
80mm is'nt that wide on a crop format DSLR, but it should still be very useful for many subjects, however I'm looking at getting the M645 35mm f3.5 N for wider shots. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asked if I could do an EF conversion of such a lens. Have to decide in January whether I have the time for that project or not.

Would be a good way for me to decide if I should search it myself Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
Now I'm planning to add tilt and perhaps rotation to it...Adding shift will be a lot more tricky so I may not bother going that far...I mean, how often is shift used or, how important is it, compared to tilt anyway?
If I understand correctly shift is used primarily for elminating perspective distortion in shots of buildings...Thats not an important consideration to me when I can easily correct such distortion with Photoshop.

The Mamiya 35 N is nice but I think it needs to be stopped down to at least F4, maybe smaller.

Last edited by jjphoto on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
I mean, how often is shift used or, how important is it, compared to tilt anyway?

For architecture photography tilt is the most important lens movement that is used. For natural scenes, perspective control is often less important (but can still be useful).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=10258&view=next

Found that thread when searching on Google.