Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon F-1N with AE Power Winder FN
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Canon F-1N with AE Power Winder FN Reply with quote

So far no issues whatsoever:

first roll test piccies using the FD 2.8/28 lens:

yeah the 28 is not the best for portraits Wink
AP 400>800, Diafine 4.5+4.5 @23C

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it will do in a pinch. Good results.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice looking F-1N Bill. I don't even see any brassing. I bet you will end up loving it. I sure do mine.

The pictures are nice, the first is my favorite and the nice looking young lady in the last is non to shabby.

Are you developing all your own film now? The more I look at the nice results you guys are getting the more I think I'm going to have to get back into it. All I ever developed was black and white many years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adent and Ron, thanks, I really admire the build quality of this camera.

The meter works great, that is, when I remember to do a +2 for backlit subjects. ;o)

Ron, yes, you need to get back into doing at least your own BW developing, although
it seems you favor color, mostly. Nuther test piccie from this first roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results and I too have so many nice shots using the FD 28mms, the lens is also sharp for close up shots...erm well not for pretty girls Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very nice indeed. Maybe a bit heavy for me with the winder on, but still a great camera.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excal and Stephen, thanks, this power winder uses just 4 AA batts, making it a little
lighter than the full-blown motordrive that can rewind the film. I didn't use the
vertical release, tho, feels weird to not have the lip to curl your fingers around like
on tikkathree's EOS-1N.