Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon EOS Focus Confirmation Adapter-Versions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Canon EOS Focus Confirmation Adapter-Versions Reply with quote

I have three adapter versions for mounting my C/Y(zeiss) lenses to Canon EOS-i have SLRs(5, 100, 500n). one has no chip, one is peleng8(dandelion), one unknown(cannot be switched to manual-always shooting)
There are some open questions.

1. Some cameras need the lefthand lever inside mirrorbox to be moved up-by paper. e.g. 5, 100
If the paper is set chipped-adapter are properly working. On peleng8.com(dandelion-adapters and chips) is a description how to add a lever to the adapter. No paper-preparation needed.
I thought when paper is set(lever up) ef-lenses will not work anymore. Can you pls explain what that lever is for.
I thought i must have a camera without that lever. eos 100 is such a model. This seems not the case

2. Adapters which cannot be set to manual are not good. its a pity one must do this inside chip-menue and not in camera.1
In automatic mode(or half-automatic if you like) shooting only if focus is confirmed, focus-trap is possible. one will set distance and wait until subject passes by, or focus and camera is shooting alone by pressing down the button.

3. I have dslrexchange-adapters by jorge torralba. its seems that steven gandy of cameraquest has now taken that name. adapter is mounted onto the lens and fixed with screw. no chip. I would like to know if one could add a chip. switching back to contax-camera is not quickly possible.

4. Lens-locker-small thin plate (only true for my C/Y-EOS-adapters)
a) peleng8(dandelion) perfect make-this locker is 0.4mm thin. ideal for stable locking. anyway, the producer forgot to bed it inwards a bit. if not lens could slip out. he is informed about it but be aware when buying from him.

b) no name-chipped adapter-has no manual-setting. for always shooting.
that locker is only 0.1mm thin. which is not good at all. lens could easily slip out(mostly when gap in the lens-mount is weared out) and locker slips upwards when mounting.

Understanding how programming is working was not easy despite some instructions on russian site like peleng8 and on leitax.com(he uses dandelion). I could finally program my eos5 which has no 1/3 but 1/2 settings only.
some settings i cannot check since i have no DSLR.
On the ring is written-in golden letters: CO/Y-EOS and an upper arrow. its is of stable make, black and has a hole.