Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon A1 + the humble FD 35-70 (First Post)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Canon A1 + the humble FD 35-70 (First Post) Reply with quote

Hi all,
I've just joined the forum and this is my first image post so go easy LOL. Although I shoot mostly neg film, over 95% of shots are of people and I have to respect their privacy, therefore I rarely ever post these images.
The shots of the old Opel car that I have posted were taken while wandering around the back streets of the city of Chelyabinsk in the South Urals ( Russia ). I've been to this region a few times and I love it - however, where I took the shots of the old car, it wasn't wise to hang around as the locals still had suspicions of anyone carrying a camera ( a relic of the Soviet days) so they were simply grab shots.

Taken with one of my trusty old Canon A1's and a humble 35-70mm, commonly referred to as a kit lens and often mocked. These old 35-70's could be good or bad, depending upon copy ( much like today's lenses ) so there's nothing new there then LOL. My copy of the 35-70 is a good one, in fact I have two which are both about the same and I've used them for lots of group shots and it's my lens of choice when wandering around with my A1's.
My preferred colour neg film is Fuji Reala which is what I used for these shots. It gives the images a bit of lift when the lighting is dull and flat as in the following images. Exposure was handled by an equally trusted Gossen.

The negs were scanned in on a modest Epson 4990 flatbed, resized and lightly edited in PS 7. I quite like the 4990 as it covers 35mm, MF and Large Format negs and is particularly good with MF & LF
I also have and use a D200 but you know, I still prefer the results from my Canons & Fuji Reala. There's just something about film which I miss with digital imaging. Maybe it's just nostalgia kicking in as I get older LOL.
Anyway, your comments welcomed.
Regards...
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me this is a really good one, car is shinny full with life.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Seems to me this is a really good one, car is shinny full with life.

Hi Attila - yes it's a decent little lens, especially when one could get then for a song! Just wish these old FD's would fit on my Nikon D200!!!
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With serious conversion should possible, my technician will convert my Tair3 comes with Canon FD to Nikon mount.

If you want I will give you his email in pm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
With serious conversion should possible, my technician will convert my Tair3 comes with Canon FD to Nikon mount.

By all means.. Thanks for that!
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony

Eye opener - we seem to have a lot of retrogrades on the forum now using film Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I cannot bear the extra work and expense of film - too old Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Tony!
nice shot, and I like even better your avatar Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you Tony
Lovely photos.
Looking forward to some human subjects.
Don't worry we won't tell Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonymp wrote:
Attila wrote:

By all means.. Thanks for that!
Tony

I sent you his email in pm, another possibility this UK based company.

http://www.srb-griturn.com/slr-adaptors-for-any-lens-376-c.asp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I sent you his email in pm, another possibility this UK based company.

http://www.srb-griturn.com/slr-adaptors-for-any-lens-376-c.asp

Thank you so much for your help Attila - I will follow the leads up and let you know how I get on!

Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome! I gathered this company from Internet, I cross my finger!
I look forward your experience!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Thankyou Poilu & F16SUNSHINE Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome guys - now you really don't want me to post the original of the avatar do you?
I shoot mostly Boudoir shots (all very respectable of course) but I think they may just be inappropriate for the forum!
I'm new and I don't want to get thrown off as soon as I've got here LOL.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post them into Gallery, many thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Nice to see you Tony
Lovely photos.
Looking forward to some human subjects.
Don't worry we won't tell Laughing

+10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crisp and clean with great colors, nice job, Tony!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exactly same set given to me FREE!
But I have never got those nice photos. Crying or Very sad

Good job, Tony. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome here, Tony! GREAT job and nice film choice too!

We would look forward to your shots, boudior or cars or anything else with the A-1 and the zoom lens. We are very diescreet here, and simply enjoy all types of images. Your telent is evident, and the scans are great.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Thankyou. Reply with quote

Thanks Kojo & Laurence - I'll see what I can dig up and post a few more.

Tony