Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 50mm f/0.95 LTM - Need help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Canon 50mm f/0.95 LTM - Need help Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm about to buy a Canon 7 with the famous "dream lens" from a friend of a friend. We talked over the phone and set a price before meeting in person to close the deal.
Today he sent me some pictures of the kit and I noticed a small detail. The lens is chromed in the front and has a early serial number (10937). I never saw one like that for sale before.

I'm talking about this version (not the copy shown in the photo, since it's not converted to the M bayonet):

Is the value the same, does it command a higher price on the market for being rarer and older (I was told it's in perfect condition), or is it cheaper than the later version?

What about the optical design and coating? Is it the same on both versions?

I need to know this as soon as possible, since I need to close the deal and I'm afraid to pay too much if the value is lower than expected, based on ebay ended listings of the later version.
This lens is not about sharpness and I think an older version can be of more interest to collectors, but we're never sure, especially in rare and very expensive items like this.

Thank you very much for your help guys. Smile

David

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canon 50mm f/0.95 isn't LTM, if I remember correctly, but has a special bayonet mount for the Canon 7. Not as easy to adapt to other cameras.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. Thanks for the correction! Wink

"The lens mount is clip-on, 3-lug bayonet system like the Mirror Box II (cameras have S mount inside bayonet mount)"

I knew it wasn't easy to adapt, but I always got the idea it was LTM (there's also a TV version), which doesn't make sense. Confused

Anyway, is anyone able to help me with the other questions related with both versions?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mistery is finally solved. It's not a chromed front ring, but a vintage filter! Rolling Eyes Very Happy