Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can you identify this lens mount, about 30mm diameter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Can you identify this lens mount, about 30mm diameter? Reply with quote

Possibly a Sony camcorder mount (the lens says for S.V. Color).
Can it be adapted to m4/3?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi assaf, please tell us if the mount is screw-on or bayonet? If a screw-on type, could it be the 1-inch C-mount, 1-inch = 25.4mm? Posting a photo would help.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably an add-on lens for camcorder. A photo would help.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a screw mount.

It has a hollow tube about 15mm deep until the back element

On the outside (the lens cap sits on this) there are only two threads. The outside diameter is quite bigger than the 1" c-mount. At least 2-3mm bigger.
On the inside there are many threads, maybe this is a female connector. Looking inside the tube it's hard to tell but it looks like i can see some glue. Maybe this part was glued on a different mount?

I'll try to get some photos.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does lens have aperture diaphragm inside?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The lens goes from f/2.5 to f/22 and fully closed.
It is a "Minolta TV Zoom Rokkor 4Vx20 1:2.5 20-80mm for S.V. Color"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inside of the tube, with something that could be a thread, and the depth until the back element

From the side, you can see the very short outer thread

I wonder what would happen if I remove these little screws...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this Click here to see on Ebay; that you? Wink

Description says c-mount but in second photo mount is clearly bigger than others that are c-mount.

May be a lens for older camcorder with separate camera & recorder like Nikon S-100.

The larger-than-c thread & slower f/2.5 lead me to believe the image circle is larger than c-mount; have you tried hand-holding lens to camera to check? If that works, with an accurate measurement of the thread & thickness needed for infinity focus on 4/3, an adapter can be made, perhaps from a 4/3 extension tube.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me, but it's the same lens.

I think I saw somewhere a Sony lens with the same specs attached to a Sony camcorder, but I can't find it anymore.

I tried the hand holding, but only saw the image when my hand is practically on the mount. It is pretty small - much smaller than my 35mm lens - but I haven't compared it to m4/3 yet.

If it is a camcorder lens then I would not have high hopes for a big image circle or resolution.