Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

C P Goerz Berlin
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: C P Goerz Berlin Reply with quote

Hello! Just got this today. It is from this topic.

http://forum.mflenses.com/goerz-berlin-t30320.html

It came with bit of fungus on the glass and I got it cleaned up. I find it hard to get it work and trying to understand how it work. From the info on the other thread, this is like a tele convertor, I mounted a lens, C P Goerz Berlin Dopp-Anastigmat Series III Dagor 180mm f/6.8. It will focus using the setup shown below.

The lens mounted

The 60mm Tele-Linse body and the knob

The glass

Full extended out

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is indeed an interesting item !
It is indeed a sort of teleconverter, plus an extension tube so you won't need so much bellows extension. It may have been intended for a Goerz focal-plane shutter press camera.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
That is indeed an interesting item !
It is indeed a sort of teleconverter, plus an extension tube so you won't need so much bellows extension. It may have been intended for a Goerz focal-plane shutter press camera.

Thanks for the info ! I just tried Helios lens and enlarger with it but cannot work Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting piece - looking forward to seeing some of your results using it!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out yesterday with tubes, bellow and sturdy tripod to the waterfront where I could get far subjects since the lens I am using is 180mm.

After a few times of trial and error, I some how finally understand how it works. I push the lens in the bellow slightly off focus , plus or minus, then I turn the knob to fine tune the focusing. However, I could not get any sharpness in the photos even I fine tune with the bellows. One strange thing I saw in my viewfinder is a dark ring or halo in the center of the viewfinder but both the tele-convertor and lens are free from fungus and clear glasses. I took my eyes off the viewfinder and saw 6 smaller dark rings or halos surrounding the center dark ring or halo ! Shocked

I got some photos in my SD card and will post it up later.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really cool setup. I can't wait to see pictures from it.
I think with the lens your using, you will only need about 5" of extension from the camera, for minimum mag.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys for the wait, here are the photos, all straight from the SD card and resize only. I chose 2 shots each subjects to illustrate shooting with the tele convertor and without it. Oh by the way, this Dagor lens missing all its aperture blades.

The setup.

1st shot I got after keep hunting for images in my viewfinder. Embarassed

Taking Singapore Flyers as the subject

With the tele-convertor, one of the more "decent" one out of the 5 shots I took.

Without the tele-convertor, tad soft or flare (?) and still having the sharpness.

Taking Singapore icon, the Merlion as the subject

With the tele-convertor, one of the more "decent" one out of the 5 shots I took.

Without the tele-convertor

Shooting at nearer distance without tele convertor, many many lines and details, not much CA.