Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

C mount adapter NEX wide enough for Tevidons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: C mount adapter NEX wide enough for Tevidons Reply with quote

Most C mount to NEX adapters are too narrow for lenses like the C mount Tevidons to mount properly. I already found one adapter, an Optix C-NEX adapter that also has a m42 thread, but it was relatively expensive and I can't find it for sale anymore. I like having a spare adapter so I could use the Optix for another experiment. I ordered a few cheap C-NEX adapters that I thought might be wide enough. I've just received a C-mount to NEX adapter from Roxsen Click here to see on Ebay.de which took only 7 days to arrive in the Netherlands, and it does mount the Tevidons correctly.

Near mount diameter in mm:
39.0 No Name standard C mount adapter (some are even narrower)
40.8 Roxsen
41.0 Optix C/m42

To mount a c mount Tevidon you need at least 40.0mm.

I'll report about the other C-NEX adapters when they arrive.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Big_is adapter is about 42.5mm.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

That is quite surprising. A year or so ago no adapters wide enough were to be found and even some sellers that claimed to sell adapters to accommodate lenses with wide near mount diameters were not telling the truth.

42.5mm is wide enough to match almost all c mount lenses. Have you got any that don't fit?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

That is quite surprising. A year or so ago no adapters wide enough were to be found and even some sellers that claimed to sell adapters to accommodate lenses with wide near mount diameters were not telling the truth.

42.5mm is wide enough to match almost all c mount lenses. Have you got any that don't fit?

I have a Fujinon 50mm f1.4 taken from CCTV camera and it fits the adapter.