Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

butterfly & leaf with volna-9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: butterfly & leaf with volna-9 Reply with quote

A tiny friend was waiting in my front yard when I got home for lunch today. I've never seen such an iridescent Lycaenidae.

The weather is right at the point where droplets stick around all day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice touch the rounded edges!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, rounded corner is very nice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lighting is superb for the 1st. You caught the wings at the perfect time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Volna is a surprisingly good lens - thanks for the reminder

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the butterfly does show a remarkable luminosity, almost a phosphorescence in your image - it's the second image that really turns my head.

The leaflet with the water drops, the fabulous depth of field that you generated out of this, and the compositional positioning - really pushed an ordinary leaf image into a fine art piece. Really, really fine work. Your concurrent images really show a unique perspective and a skill that is all yours. I am always anxious to see more.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fullheartedly second Larry!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the nice comments. I don't know how I lived without my Volna this long!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed nice tiny friend, perfectly caught light on the wings. Excellent also the raindrops on the leaf.

Cheers, Marty.