Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

brain less seller
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: brain less seller Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

Nice example how stupid to restrict buyers to own country only. He sold for half price...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can never understand the logic of that kind of selling. For the sake of saving the 3% Paypal international money transaction fees they get half the sale price or less.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha, and I quote:

"I have restricted this auction to UK only due to the high postage costs abroad."

Nice of him to think he would be paying for shipping?

I wish every seller was like this, I would miss many lenses but get the ones I could get for cheap.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit silly, but to be fair to him/her I've sold three items abroad recently which have been lost in the post leaving me £80.00 or so down. Even though the items are supposedly covered by Royal Mail, I am still waiting for a refund three months later. And they only have to give me back what THEY think it's worth!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the french guy who had it on a french forum. I said he asked the seller, and the seller was ok. I also had some good prices asking before the end of auction, like my Takumar 200/3.5, complete (originals caps, hood, case) for 32€ (S&H included) Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, there are eBay buyers who order uninsured shipping, and when they receive item they file a PayPal claim for item not received and then end up with item for free. Seller lost item, money and paid shipping.

eBay's seller protection is very bad and it has gone worse with changes during this year, and now more and more fraud is done by buyers who use this to their advantage.

In practice a seller must ship as insured with tracking only to PayPal verified adresses to receive seller protection. That's expensive --> lowers final bid price --> not worth selling cheap items on eBay or ship abroad for expensive price anymore.

But, if the item is worth >250 EUR then it is in my opinion stupidity not to ship abroad.

I have 44 auctions recently sold on eBay, and I am mumbling mantras that none of the buyers file a fraud PayPal claim.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
It's a bit silly, but to be fair to him/her I've sold three items abroad recently which have been lost in the post leaving me £80.00 or so down. Even though the items are supposedly covered by Royal Mail, I am still waiting for a refund three months later. And they only have to give me back what THEY think it's worth!

Yes, I had a few items delayed in customs. I wouldnt mind having this problem, but many buyers like to blame the seller for the delay and will leave neg or neutral feedback.

I have had problems recieving items also because of customs, and I too have been known to jump the gun... Shocked

For this reason only, I sell in USA and Canada. I like to keep my feedback good.

It's never about cost of shipping, or just being lazy. In my case it comes down to perfect feedback as a seller and keeping my buyers happy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had difficulties with the USPS, although it was finally solved. I guess we take chances WHEREVER we post packages. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of restrictive sellers got me angry sometimes cause they had some very good items. And when the postage to UK for a camera is like 5£ , it is also often the same ( or i encountered this case many times ) cost to france.

Its a seller will or they imagine don't know which international paypal plot against them Wink