Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bought an Olympus Stylus 3.5 ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Bought an Olympus Stylus 3.5 ... Reply with quote

... for $15 from an RFF member. Said to be in sound working order. I hope this is the pocketable, take everywhere in a pocket cam I think it to be. Fixed 35mm/f3.5 AF lens. Black. I know there are some mju lovers, but I wanted a fixed focal length lens. What can I expect?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fixed lens Stylus models are quite compact -- noticeably thinner than the ones with zoom lenses. I think you'll find it will fit comfortably in a shirt pocket. They are great little cameras. I had a professor who would take his on field trips to Africa and shoot slides with it! And they came out great, too. One of the reasons why he liked his Stylus so much was it was pocketable and unobtrusive.

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for one at the local thrift store. Right now they have a Stylus 80 (has the zoom so it's fatter), but they want too much for it -- like about $20. Besides, I'm more interested in the thin ones anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like what was sold as the "Mju" in Europe. I have one (and a Mju-2 with the f2.8 lens) although it doesn't see much use these days. I think it's a great little camera - and the viewfinder is excellent as well. Lightweight and no sharp corners, so it's easy in a pocket.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, I think you will like this camera. I sent a mint copy to my wife
in Thailand (after she dropped and broke the Oly Stylus zoom we had) and
it's a good performing camera.

Has a 3 element 3 groups lens (Cooke triplet) as opposed to the 4 element
3 groups Tessar in the Epic and is not as fast at f3.5 nor has spot metering,
but does a decent job.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good camera I think equal level with Yashica-T3, congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Awaiting its arrival, maybe Friday ...