Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bokehmian
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Bokehmian Reply with quote

Hi guys,

we all love our manual lenses because of the handling, buildquality, optics and their bokeh which is just not the same with modern lenses!

So I was very surprised to see what my new Samsung Schneider-Kreuznach 50-200 4-5.6 lens does in this respect!

First a smooth one:

And my favorite! The swirly one!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the title ,and really nice pix!

what does samsung have to do w/S-K? i didnt know the germans were designing their lenses? do you have any insight into that?
tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Germans are into name-licensing fees Wink Pentax sells the same lens with their own name on it.

The vibrations in the second shot are WOW, how's that happen? A very cool effect. The lens itself doesn't look the sharpest - few of the ones of this specification are - but will make good photos.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how the vibrations happened! I just liked it... Laughing

The Samsung lens ist build the same way the Pentax counterpart is build, except for the better knurled focus and zoom rings, the loss of pentax' quick shift mechanism and the exchange of the pentax smc coating by a Schneider Kreuznach coating! As well there seems to be no ED Element in it but a Schneider Kreuznach lens of some sort!

The lens get's much better reviews than the already really good Pentax counterpart! Some even say the lens exhibits the resolution of much more professional zooms but that's subjektiv I think!

Anyway, here is a sample of the lens wide open at 200mm and a crop at the focused area! No PP just resized!

I think this is pretty sharp for a kit lens of this class!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice man, i think the sharpness is great as is the color. i have just completed a new set of S-K kodak retina lenses and i think theyre amazing as well. the color is spectacular. good luck!