Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Black Olympus OM-3 OM3 on Ebay reaching enormous price
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Black Olympus OM-3 OM3 on Ebay reaching enormous price Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay.de

Can anyone elaborate this camera appeal?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure
It's super cool Cool
Mechanical shutter at all speeds and also has an electronic AE system.
Use it with batteries or no. Great spot meter.
like the Nikon FM3a but in OM mount and with Spot Meter.
Hard to find and therefore expensive.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is a collectors price....an a nice camera.
I was surprised by http://cgi.ebay.com/Ricoh-Five-One-Nine-Black-RARE-Rangefinder-camera_W0QQitemZ220546042422QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFilm_Cameras?hash=item3359918a36 Something else then what I paied (EUR 25) for my Ricoh S3 (very alike but humble 2,8/45mm en not black) from the same period! I cannot imagine that some one will pay such price.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the key is the seller's target audience: "Item location Hollywood,CA -Famous camera source!" Wink.

But seriously it seems like the black version gives additional value in both cases. You can get OM-30 for 30 EUR and Ricoh 519 for 50 EUR.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rare and good one always going on high price.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eur380 is far from an unusual price for that body.
I've seen auctions that have finished much higher.
It's a very difficult camera to find and highly coveted by OM users and collectors. Don't confuse the OM3 and OM30 completely different ends if the quality spectrum from Oly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Don't confuse the OM3 and OM30 completely different ends if the quality spectrum from Oly.

Oh, stupid me. And it's obviously black only.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Black Olympus OM-3 OM3 on Ebay reaching enormous price Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Click here to see on Ebay.de

Can anyone elaborate this camera appeal?

pretty usual price for this body. have you ever seen any OM-3Ti in auction? that price will shock you:)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since the OM-3 was discontinued way back in 1986, it has been a hot item and highly sought after. Not just by collectors, either. It remains one of the coolest manual-focus cameras available, period. Thus its high price.