Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beutler A+B
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Beutler A+B Reply with quote

a developer that doesn't seem to have much of a following anymore Sad

Part A
750ml water @52C
10g Metol
50g Sodium sulfite
Add a pinch of the sodium sulfite pryor to the Metol. The rest after the Metol.
Add enough water to bring total to 1 liter

Part B
750ml water @52C
50g Sodium carbonate, anhydrous
add enough water to bring total to 1 liter

Mix 1 Part A to 1 Part B to 8 Parts water just pryor to use @ 20C
Very good for Efke/Adox films 25iso and 50 iso .

I like Adox/25 at 7 and a half minutes @ 20C

The key is agitation. The less it is agitated the more edge effects accumulate . most often I quit agitation at 4 to 5 minutes.

Let me also state that this is not a fine grain developer. It is a high definition developer. It is also lower in contrast. ( I still have wet prints done) But it makes high contrast films work out nicely.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this contribution, Erkie!

About the Adox 25, is this shot at box speed?
Must be box speed, it's listed same in Massive Dev.

I have all the ingredients save the sodium carbonate, will have to order it from Artcraft.

Found a little flickr group for samples:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1104010@N24/pool/with/7104548465/

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I suppose it would be a good idea to give an exposure starting point Sad

I usually have my meter set for IS0 40 With Adox/Efke /25 . It doesn't handle overexposure well at all . I try to place the darkest area I want detail in 3-5 stops down. Unless the scene gets too extreme contrast wise . So I would bracket my initial shots 3 stops but from Iso 40 instead of Iso 25 if you are using an averaging meter.

I find this is one thing I like about my Pentax Kx digital camera. It makes a very good spot meter. Wink

The site you have referenced to looks promising ! I believe I noticed a reference to 20 Mule team as a substitute for the sodium carbonate . Please don't use this as it is Borax . You may substitute Arm &Hammer washing soda which you can get at Ace hardware . I have written down that the conversion would be 58g instead of 50g. But when I substitute I use 64 g. As I recall I was worried about how much water the washing soda absorbs sitting on the shelf .

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Erkie, I do have washing soda (I use it for Caffenol C-M) so I'm all set.