Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Better specs on CPC MC 70-162mm AUTO ZOOM f/3.5?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Better specs on CPC MC 70-162mm AUTO ZOOM f/3.5? Reply with quote

Found a Nikon mount one for $5 at a local shop, figured I'd just go ahead and grab it since it seems to have a more proper, dedicated "macro" mechanism than all of my other glass, but now I'm wondering on the macro specs on this thing. Pretty long lens, has a built-in slide out hood, etc.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You find these under several brands as usual.
Among them Vivitar, which gives a serial number of 81xxxxx, which from the famous serial number guide indicates the maker is "Polar", which I guess was a manufacturers brand from I'm not sure who.
Anyway, just today on ebay I see examples branded Vivitar, Tefnon, CPC and Prinzflex.

The separate macro device/ring is pretty common on lenses of that era. You see it a lot on Sun-made lenses of the 70's-80s.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as Samyang has used the "Polar" brand in the past, this may be an early Samyang product.
From the internet it does not seem like these are marked "Made in Japan" as would be expected, so they may be Korean.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea what the mag ratio for the built-in macro was on these? That's really what I'm after more than anything else.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
You find these under several brands as usual.
Among them Vivitar, which gives a serial number of 81xxxxx, which from the famous serial number guide indicates the maker is "Polar", which I guess was a manufacturers brand from I'm not sure who.
Anyway, just today on ebay I see examples branded Vivitar, Tefnon, CPC and Prinzflex.

I see only one "Vivitar" 70-162mm lens on ebay currently and its name cannot be seen on the pictures. There is some "M" in green, probably a beginning of the name. So I suspect it is actually not Vivitar.

Tefnon was a house brand of Kobori so most chances all these lenses are made by Kobori.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the meantime, http://skvltd.wordpress.com/2014/01/14/5-x-5-a-bargain-experiment-cpc-mc-70-162mm-f3-5-auto-zoom-macro/