Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

best economic 50mm?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramiller500 wrote:
The Yashinon DS 50mm/1.9 lens is cheap, sharp, and not radioactive.

+1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got Tessar number 4 for 9€ and I love it!

Although I must say it reeks quite strongly. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
verdurina wrote:
not bad!!
i like it!

but i am oriented to version 3 of tessar...

Weakest from all or my copy was pretty bad.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/tessar/

On above link you can see my Tessar collection in action including version three.

but have a lot of iris blades!
there is another 50mm with 9-15 blades?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never understood why so important how many blades in a lens , for me important image quality only.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkbslc wrote:
I don't know of ANY lenses which hit the mirror on APS-C sized Canon cameras. The mirror interference issues are all with the full framers like the 5D.

The Auto Yashinon DX 50mm f/1.4 fouls on my Canon 10D.

Quote:
I think the best cheap 50mm lenses are the Yashica ML 50mm lenses -f2, f1.9 or f1.7 - whichever you find the best deal on. My 50mm f2 was $7 and it is really good.

These are all good choices, especially the f/1.7.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to all for help!
I think that buy meyer optik oreston 50mm zebra version but i don't know if have a MC!!

also god choice I think is Yashinon 50mm...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: best economic 50mm? Reply with quote

dsmlogger wrote:

If yoy want to try other mount I strongly recommend any Olympus OM Zuiko you can find, especially the MC version of Zuiko 50mm f1.8 and the Zuiko 50mm f1.4

+1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex wrote:
tkbslc wrote:
I don't know of ANY lenses which hit the mirror on APS-C sized Canon cameras. The mirror interference issues are all with the full framers like the 5D.

The Auto Yashinon DX 50mm f/1.4 fouls on my Canon 10D.

Ah, I guess I wasn't thinking old enough. Before Canon switched to the EF-S mount with the 300D and 20D, the mirrors and mounts on the APS-C cameras were not as forgiving.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, canon10D have apsc sensor but the same mirror to full frame camera!
when shot the phote the mirror hit the lense!

however...nobody know if meyer oreston 50mm have MC?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

verdurina wrote:
yes, canon10D have apsc sensor but the same mirror to full frame camera!
when shot the phote the mirror hit the lense!

however...nobody know if meyer oreston 50mm have MC?

As far as i know, the old "Zebra" Meyer Oreston do have only single coating.. and my two copies i did have also seemed to go this way..

The successor, the Pentacon electric 1.8/50mm do have an different shimmer .. maybe this is multicoated... but dont nail me on the roof.

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Henry!
I love the zebra version but if I do not know if MC is not worth taking them!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the Oreston, screw on a lens hood and call it good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreston is single coated. As were the Pentacons that followed. Later Pentacons were labelled "Multi coating" and these, obviously, were multi coated Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Dx Pancolar 50/1.8
For Fx Yashica ML 50/1.4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax M 50 f/2
Pentax M 50 f/1.7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon 50/1.8 is pretty good value for money: quite flare resistant, bokeh leaves little to desire and they cost a tenner the kilo (well almost). I don't like the long turning of the focus ring, it is tiresome. Nice for macro however, has pretty close focusing distance.

Helios 44M-x 50/2 have a really special rendering I appreciate very much. Also darn cheap, which makes this a no-brainer actually.

Takumars are not too expensive and superb. In my experience the SMC 55/1.8 is very good value: really sharp and clean rendering, very flare resistant and a steal to buy. Still the Super-Tak 50/1.4 is the one to find (I prefer it over my SMC version, due to its buttersmooth focusing ring and pleasing colours).

Contax Planar 50/1.7 can be found relatively cheap if one has patience and a bit of luck. I had mine for about 35 Euro. Has that "Zeissness" I like so much Cool