Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bessa L Voigtlander 4.5/15mm Heliar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrickh and for the price too aye?
Mr K really gets my respect.
CV products are built to the maximum of quality for being priced very reasonable.
Not only that but there are many unique items available.
It's just great.

@ Koji
I like these shots you have posted.
I'm curious do you have the vignetting issue with the M8 and this lens that I have with the RD 1?
Do you have an LTM-M adapter that is 6 bit coded for this lens?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Patrickh and for the price too aye?
Mr K really gets my respect.
CV products are built to the maximum of quality for being priced very reasonable.
Not only that but there are many unique items available.
It's just great.

@ Koji
I like these shots you have posted.
I'm curious do you have the vignetting issue with the M8 and this lens that I have with the RD 1?
Do you have an LTM-M adapter that is 6 bit coded for this lens?

Now WATCH it, Andy! You are coming dangerously close to making me throw my hat back in the ring for a Bessa body and back to those exquisite, compact, CV lenses... Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

There is hardly any vignetting with M8 when you use CV SWH 15mm without using UV/IR cut filter.
But I am now using CornerFix, which is a free soft to eliminate Cyan corners, when using the filter to reduce
funny foliage colour or to fix general colour balance and infamous magenta colour for synthetic black cloth.

So you can eliminate 6-bit coding for M-mount lenses, but more PP is necessary. You still need
UV/IR cut filter unfortunately.

Almost forget to mention, I do not use 6-bit coding for this SWH 15mm.
Leica's 15mm setting is PITA, and my m8 stops recognizing the code
when temperature goes down below freezing point. Sigh.