Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Baby Rolleiflex 4x4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Baby Rolleiflex 4x4 Reply with quote

I got as loan from my friend to try it out, any experience ? I will cut and re-spool 127 film to camera.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it´s the same as any other rolleiflex, only difference is smaller format of film

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
it´s the same as any other rolleiflex, only difference is smaller format of film

Camera size makes it to more attractive than other Rolleiflexes to mr, what I did read lens is not same good, may not true. I will investigate it Smile Gray color is pretty ugly , I think about to change color.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lower quality of lens is possible, as this was partly camera for those who couldn´t afford the "big" rolleiflex. however it is still Xenar, which is very good in 6x6 version. maybe "lower quality" refers to smaller format, which simply cannot compete with negative 2x larger. looking forward your experience!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one back in the 1960s when it was still being made. The lens is as good as a Tessar type is ever likely to be, so don't think of it as being in any way second class. If you print with the negatives firmly sandwiched in a glass carrier and with a suitable lens, you'll be delighted with what comes out.

The camera was well known for having one odd issue. Some films would wind straight through without tripping the exposure counter mechanism. I know it didn't happen with Ilford and Agfa film, which was what I used in mine, but how things might be with respooled films I don't know.

I always liked the grey finish, but the makers did replace it with a black version towards the end of its production life.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depend how camera pass test success, I willing to buy it from my friend, if result is excellent I will take it and think about replace skin, to colorful one Smile what do you like on it genuine ? black , olive , red ? If camera is okay, but nothing what grab my heart I will sell it among to my friend.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take your choice;)

http://cameraleather.com/colors/

however, as for me, I do not like those expressive colours on camera like red/white. black is just good:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt and cardinal red to me Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/rolleiflex-4x4-grey-baby-t57440.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I did develop film today, looks works prefectly, scans later.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/rolleiflex-baby-t59400.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Cobalt and cardinal red to me Laughing

Exactly my choices too!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing