Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Avanar 2.8/28mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Avanar 2.8/28mm Reply with quote

I recently discovered manual focus lenses and decided to try them out, since I often use manual focus on AF lenses anyway. Plus, they are really cheap (mostly).

So tonight I bought the odd Avanar 2.8/28mm. I haven't found much information about it at all so I was wondering if anyone knew something about it...

Click here to see on Ebay

EDIT: Fixed ebay link.

Last edited by Mazero on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Avanar 2.8/28mm Reply with quote

Mazero wrote:
I recently discovered manual focus lenses and decided to try them out, since I often use manual focus on AF lenses anyway. Plus, they are really cheap (mostly).

So tonight I bought the odd Avanar 2.8/28mm:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110268983209

I haven't found much information about it at all so I was wondering if anyone knew something about it...

Welcome to our board! MF lenses are fan, cheaper and more artistic than AF lenses mostly. I guess you are beginning of a right path Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Avanar 2.8/28mm Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Mazero wrote:

I haven't found much information about it at all so I was wondering if anyone knew something about it...

Welcome to our board! MF lenses are fan, cheaper and more artistic than AF lenses mostly. I guess you are beginning of a right path Smile

Thanks for the incredibly fast reply! So, do you know anything about this lens?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 60-70th at least 50 Japanese noname makers issued many average or below average lenses. This is generally true for all unknown lenses. If somebody find a good one generally he publish it. People not like to publish crap lens. I think this is main reason why you not found any information. I look forward your report. I hope I am wrong and you found a real gem, but this chance is very limited.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now found a chinese site with some sample pictures. But it's hard to tell what quality the lens is...

http://in-photoart.julyinfo.com/forum_detial.php?md_id=26177&level1_id=2&level2_id=6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens finish looks like a Chinon lens , perhaps manufactured by same maker. In this case you got an above average lens. I have good experience with Chinon lenses and I heard also positive opinions from others.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Avanar 2.8/28mm Reply with quote

Mazero wrote:
Attila wrote:
Mazero wrote:

Thanks for the incredibly fast reply! So, do you know anything about this lens?

Your very welcome ! This is homeland of friendly people Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Avanar" was a trademark that probably belonged to the importer.

Avanar lenses seem to be somewhat common in Europe, mostly the UK, and in some British Commonwealth countries. It could have been a UK/Hong Kong importer.

You don't see that brand much in US ebay.

I agree with Attila, it could be a Chinon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´ve got the Rexatar 28/2.8 and it looks like the same lens!