Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Mamiya/Sekor SX 105mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Auto Mamiya/Sekor SX 105mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Picked up this lens today,after having great experience with the 55mms of the SX lenses. Just don't see too many @ this focal length.

Very compact, light and with a retractable hood.

Some samples :

Any C & C is appreciated.

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice imaging, some good background/forground seperation and smooth bokeh with warm tones. The lens itself looks a bit like the Soligor CD series, I wonder if this is another Tokina made lens?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Nice imaging, some good background/forground seperation and smooth bokeh with warm tones. The lens itself looks a bit like the Soligor CD series, I wonder if this is another Tokina made lens?

Thanks Graham.I love the SX lenses, and I may have paid dearly for this lens but I think its def. worth it Very Happy . ,but I couldn't tell you who made them, nothing conclusive in the wild wild web. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tad over $100 at Jim's?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The focusing ring looks very "Zuiko".

Lovely images. I'm trying to score a ~100mm as well. 135mm turned out to be a little too long or too short for my taste.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images. I am a big fan of Mamiya lenses! I just bought an 85mm f2.8 SX lens. Looking forward to trying it out.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SX series lens have a very good color rendering, although they are not MC lenses.
Actually, Mamiya never made MC lenses for their M42 series. Only for the Z cams.

I love mamiya lenses. Some of them, very good tokina ones.

Rino

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
The SX series lens have a very good color rendering, although they are not MC lenses.
Actually, Mamiya never made MC lenses for their M42 series. Only for the Z cams.

Rino

Hi Rino,

This has been a long ongoing debate. As far as I know Mamiya made their own lenses:
http://rherron.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=M42&action=display&num=1196982063

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
estudleon wrote:

Rino

Hi Rino,

This has been a long ongoing debate. As far as I know Mamiya made their own lenses:

Hi Sting

Yes, you are right.

Some of us have have taken part there.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I find that thread hard to believe. Bell & Howell lenses made by Mamiya?! Laughing I don't think so! If so, Mamiya made a terrible 28mm. And I have an Osawa as well which is horrendous.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:

Yes, Mamiya made their own lenses. Rangefinder, bayonet 35mm and medium format. But we are talking about M42 lenses. There are too much similarity between Mamiya and Yashika, Mamiya and Tokina, Mamiya and whatever lenses that doesn't leave any doubt that these matching lenses were made by one manufacturer. Now was it Mamiya or some other manufacturer? We will never know for sure. But if it is true the Yashica lenses - 55/1.8, 50/2, 50/1.4, etc - were made by Tomioka this means the corresponding Maimya lenses were also made by Tomioka. Same goes for 55/1.4 and 60/2.8.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, at the forum, there are some examples of very good pics taken with mamiya sx 28. It seems a good lens, produce a nice colors, like the SX 2,8/135.The SX 1,4/55 is very apreciate lens too. Same with the SX 200 mm.