Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

At my local shrine with the Zoom-Nikkor C 80-200/4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: At my local shrine with the Zoom-Nikkor C 80-200/4.5 Reply with quote

Raced home from work to catch some late afternoon light at the shrine. Unfortunately I was a bit late but I got a few shots I kind of like. I had to push the ISO up to 800 which is a bit too high for my aging D3000!

I'm glad I got this shot of but it's a little noisy hence the mono version.

Thanks for looking Very Happy

Last edited by Yebisu on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent photos! And I don't mind the grain. It just makes the photos look a bit aged. In a good way. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, what a beautiful place for photography Japan is! What blossoms are those? Kind of early in the season, isn't it?

I also own an 80-200 f/4.5 Nikkor -- mine is in AI mount. It's nice to see such nice photos taken with a lens same as mine. Yours has a very nice, deep contrasty quality about it that I like very much.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

I'm going out tomorrow and I think I'll take the same lens and give it a go in daylight.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Ah, what a beautiful place for photography Japan is! What blossoms are those? Kind of early in the season, isn't it?

I also own an 80-200 f/4.5 Nikkor -- mine is in AI mount. It's nice to see such nice photos taken with a lens same as mine. Yours has a very nice, deep contrasty quality about it that I like very much.

They are plum blossoms. Plums start blooming around the middle of February in my area. A special kind of Cherry Blossom called Kawazu Sakura starts blooming at around the same time.

Things really get going at the beginning of April when most of the cherrys start to bloom.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. I am enjoying every photo from you.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, each photo is delightful.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! ( as usual) I love them all, great series!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
They are plum blossoms. Plums start blooming around the middle of February in my area. A special kind of Cherry Blossom called Kawazu Sakura starts blooming at around the same time.

Things really get going at the beginning of April when most of the cherrys start to bloom.

Ah, I was wondering if they might be plum blossoms. I'm not enough of an expert to tell the difference, but they definitely didn't look like cherry blossoms.

I was there during late November and early December, and managed to arrive during peak Fall colors season. It was spectacular. Especially the blood-red Japanese maples.

Some Fall colors on the Kinkakuji grounds -- the Golden Pavilion:

Canon A-1, 50mm f/1.8, Fujichrome 400, exposure unrecorded.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cooltouch"]
Yebisu wrote:

Ah, I was wondering if they might be plum blossoms. I'm not enough of an expert to tell the difference, but they definitely didn't look like cherry blossoms.

/quote]

They all look alike to me! I'm clueless about flowers though. Nice shot at Kinkakuji. I've never been to Kyoto in the autumn. I've only been their in winter (very cold) and very early spring (still cold) when the trees were bare.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:

They all look alike to me! I'm clueless about flowers though. Nice shot at Kinkakuji. I've never been to Kyoto in the autumn. I've only been their in winter (very cold) and very early spring (still cold) when the trees were bare.

Oh man, I can't believe it! Well, I guess I can. I've never been to Washington DC, so who am I to talk? But really, you gotta visit Kyoto during the Fall. There are so many picturesque shrines and temples there that have beautiful Fall foliage on their grounds. Ryoanji was another of my favorites.

I'm sorry, I forgot to ask. In which part of Japan do you live?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Yebisu wrote:

Oh man, I can't believe it! Well, I guess I can. I've never been to Washington DC, so who am I to talk? But really, you gotta visit Kyoto during the Fall. There are so many picturesque shrines and temples there that have beautiful Fall foliage on their grounds. Ryoanji was another of my favorites.

I live in eastern Shizuoka near Mt. Fuji.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for this impressions, very Japanese Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
cooltouch wrote:

I live in eastern Shizuoka near Mt. Fuji.

Oh wow -- so do you have a nice collection of Fuji-san pics? Care to share some?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cooltouch

I've got a few but I don't do landscapes so much. The first two were done with the Ais 24.2.8. The other three are panos but I can't remember which lens I used. Probably an Ais 35/2.8 or Ai 50/1.4