Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Opt. Co. Super-Takumar f4 150mm on A7r3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject: Asahi Opt. Co. Super-Takumar f4 150mm on A7r3 Reply with quote

This focal length was a bit long for a car park crowded with classic cars and bikes but I took a few shots when only a few had arrived. This was my first use of the lens, obtained recently.

I do not allow in-camera sharpening and shoot only RAW images. These are processed by my normal software.

The remains of some early morning mist can be see in the background.

I probably used f11 at shutter speeds between 1/125 and 1/200 and ISO 800, hand held. No hood.

Rolls Royce

Some cropping:

Ford SVT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fond of the Asahi oddball FL lenses. I have a couple of these. One in pristine condition in its case with hood and caps. Another that has been used quite a bit but is quite a good user. I also have a couple of the 120mm. Another FL not often seen by other companies of the time period. Like pretty much all of Asahi lenses of the time frame, they perform quite well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Which version? (Quick check: Version I has aperture switch with A/M; version II has Auto/Man and is stamped with 43741.)

Models 374 and 43741 comparison
Photo credit: David Rounsevell https://takumarguide.weebly.com/1--4--150-43741.html

(Today I won version I auction; already have the S-M-C Smile )

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1 with an orange M for manual. The position of the switch does not matter when the lens is adapted.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
Version 1 with an orange M for manual. The position of the switch does not matter when the lens is adapted.

Thanks! Some adapters do not depress the lens aperture pin, enabling A/M switch function...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

Thanks! Some adapters do not depress the lens aperture pin, enabling A/M switch function...

I just checked, the adapter does depress the pin so when the lens is mounted reversed there would be a difference.