Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Arsat C, Volna-3, Biometar 80
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Arsat C, Volna-3, Biometar 80 Reply with quote

Hello,

I've tried these 3 lenses on the Pentacon Six ! Biometar colors and sharpness was amazing, but I hated the bokeh so I sold it !

I bought the Arsat and Volna as an alternative, they are a bit softer wide open, but the bokeh is much better ! The problem is both of them vignette wide open in the corners !

Do I have bad copies or is it the lens design ? I'm thinking maybe I should try the Vega-12B ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vega will render the oof areas in a somewhat similar way to the Biometar. If you're really not a fan, it may not be a great alternative. It's certainly not identical but it's closer to the Biometar than it is to the Volna.

These aren't the best samples to show but hopefully you can get something from them:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
The Vega will render the oof areas in a somewhat similar way to the Biometar. If you're really not a fan, it may not be a great alternative. It's certainly not identical but it's closer to the Biometar than it is to the Volna.

Thanks ! I think the last one shows that it can handle a busy background ! Very nice results !

I like the swirlies on the Arsat/Volna, but the vignetting doesn't always work for me !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll definitely get that vignetting a little with the Vega. I've never seen it that strong, like in your sample, but it shows. Could also be enhanced by the centralized light-source. You can reduce it in PP substantially.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleearth wrote:
themoleman342 wrote:

Thanks ! I think the last one shows that it can handle a busy background ! Very nice results !

I like the swirlies on the Arsat/Volna, but the vignetting doesn't always work for me !

great shot! i really like this, you have more of these?
the vignette does not disturb me! it even suits the shot, i would say.