Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

APS film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds promising! I did not know that I could eventually put them in the 35mm holder.

Very good tip, thank you! I'll just ask them to leave the film out of the cartridge, then i do not have to search for an APS holder!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
That sounds promising! I did not know that I could eventually put them in the 35mm holder.

Very good tip, thank you! I'll just ask them to leave the film out of the cartridge, then i do not have to search for an APS holder!

I cut the film in strips of 6 frames .Wnen fixing it in the holder , the first frame fits in the first position , and the last one (the sixth fits in the fifth pisition of the holder . Scan the first and the fifth position. then get out the holder and fit the film in the manner that the secind and third frame fits in the second and third position of the holder. scan them , and re position the film in the holder to scan 4 and 5 . I fix the film with one side fixed by the holder . It's a little more trouble but can be done . I think it worth if you have the time. One side of the frames doesn't reach the holder ,wich is made for the 35. film .I think I'll make a paper mask at the dimensions of the 35 film with a hole that fits the APS film
17mm : Tamron 17-35mm , EOS IX Fuji Nexia 200

Last edited by yinyangbt on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay! Super, I was already thinking that i should bring the film to a digital studio to scan it and put the pics on a cd. This way is much better, the scanner is here anyway!

Did you ever try to get film out of the cartridge yourself? Or shouldn't i try?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Okay! Super, I was already thinking that i should bring the film to a digital studio to scan it and put the pics on a cd. This way is much better, the scanner is here anyway!

Did you ever try to get film out of the cartridge yourself? Or shouldn't i try?

It can be done.I didn't tried because I didn't needed to.
A developed film can be get out : http://www.camerahacker.com/extract_APS_film/index.php
Your scanner has ICE2 ?