Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

APS-C film results
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: APS-C film results Reply with quote

Even if practically banned by most photographers I still shoot on it because I still have a camera that I like a lot (EOS IX ) and a bunch of rolls.
I learned that this film is very sensitive to the quality of the lens. It gives acceptable results only with good lenses , and for me that means the plastic fantastic EF 50/1.8 .Unfortunately this camera doesn't work with EF-S lenses. It also reqiuires a lot of PP
I post these here even if AF because of the analog and not digital support . Hope it is not wrong
Click them to see better

Me , shot by my wife ( she dislikes manual focus !)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent results. Quite a bit of difference in white balance between #1 and #3 compared to #2. #2's white balance looks to be the more corrrect one.

So, after you've worked your way through you APS-C stash, what will you do? Is the film still being made by somebody? Aren't the negatives stored inside the film cassette after developing?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Decent results. Quite a bit of difference in white balance between #1 and #3 compared to #2. #2's white balance looks to be the more corrrect one.

So, after you've worked your way through you APS-C stash, what will you do? Is the film still being made by somebody? Aren't the negatives stored inside the film cassette after developing?

You're right , the WB in the third one was really off , I manipulated a bit too much towards warm side . On the first one it is also abit warmer but it was a bit cold in that mountain area and plenty overcast , I wanted to give it a bit of another atmosphere Smile
I don't think I'll buy another set of films ( I still have I think 20-25) .They don't have the special machine to manipulate the film and keep it in the canister after developing , so I had to accept the crude manner to brake the canister and develop the film like bthe classic one .
Probably I'll give up after I'll finish my films .Anyway , The camera was really cheap. I'd like to try a Contax TIX wich it seems to be the best camera for aps-c (best lens).I saw some very nice results somewhere on the net with that cam .But they go around 100E , too much.
I'll stay on the 35mm.APS-C as far as I know isn't made anymore.
I'd like to soot more on 120 but there is no lab around anymore to develop it .And I don't feel like doing it by myself.