Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Aperture click stop detent ball and spring source
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:57 pm    Post subject: Aperture click stop detent ball and spring source Reply with quote

Replacements for some of the click stop balls and springs of 3rd party lenses from a bit of an un-expected source:

The safety detent ball from the Crosman 13/22-XX air guns are a direct fit.

Crosman part # 105-039 (Ball, steel, .093" dia.)

The safety compression spring is a good fit in diameter, but will need to be cut down a bit for the short clearances on a lens.

Crosman part # 1322-017 (Spring, cmprsn).

The above experience has found me now doing aperture ring removals/installations over a medium size tea towel Wink

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! put towel in a tray. And magnet is useful for finding the dropped, even in dirt -- I've found screws lost in dirt that way too -- along with other assorted ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Thank you! put towel in a tray. And magnet is useful for finding the dropped, even in dirt -- I've found screws lost in dirt that way too -- along with other assorted ...

You can also use magnets in the same way to get micro-meteorites accumulated in your rain gutters.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zamo wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

You can also use magnets in the same way to get micro-meteorites accumulated in your rain gutters.

Awesome! Thanks. Passing magnets through forest dirt picks up all sorts of unknown stuff...